24 June 2015

A Road's Crossing

This leaf chronicles friends, moments and memories in strange places.

For me travelling isn't about visiting some place I haven't been to;
it is being in an unfamiliar surroundings,
taking rest and risk of getting lost in it,
going back home with the notion of returning back to that same place
and getting nostalgic about it..
One foot on the road, the other adrift.
In June we see the sunset glow
We see the heat in wavy rows
We swim and fish and play so much
It's June. -  Mike Samford
You'd be so lean, that blast of January
Would blow you through and through. Now, my fair'st friend,
I would I had some flowers o' the spring that might
Become your time of day. -  William Shakespeare
O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
Tomorrow’s wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all. -  Robert Frost
Dear March, how are you, and the Rest -
Did you leave Nature well -
Oh March, Come right upstairs with me -
I have so much to tell  -  Emily Dickinson
Heat still sizzles in the fields
In August summer still yields
The sun shines to no regret
Wind sauntering 'til sunset. -  Ency Bearis
So let me stay as you left me,
I won't even say goodbye.
You're now a fading memory,
But I'll never forget July. -  Ency Bearis
Winds of May, that dance on the sea,
Dancing a ring-around in glee
From furrow to furrow, while overhead
The foam flies up to be garlanded,
In silvery arches spanning the air,
Saw you my true love anywhere?
Welladay! Welladay!
For the winds of May!
Love is unhappy when love is away! -  James Joyce
A waiting ghost, in the blue sky,
The white curved moon;
June, hushed and breathless, waits, and I
Wait too, with June;
Come, through the lingering afternoon,
Soon, love, come soon. -  Arthur Symons
'T is a thing which I remember;
To name it thrills me yet:
One day of one September
I never can forget. -  Helen Hunt Jackson
January is here, with eyes that keenly glow,
A frost-mailed warrior
striding a shadowy steed of snow.  -  Edgar Fawcett
Fairest of the months! Ripe summer's queen
The hey-day of the year
With robes that gleam with sunny sheen
Sweet August doth appear. -  R. Combe Miller
What is so sweet and dear
As a prosperous morn in May,
The confident prime of the day,
And the dauntless youth of the year,
When nothing that asks for bliss,
Asking aright, is denied,
And half of the world a bridegroom is,
And half of the world a bride? -  William Watson
The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shaw and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again. -  Mathilde Blind
The wild November come at last
Beneath a veil of rain;
The night winds blows its folds aside,
Her face is full of pain.
The latest of her race, she takes
The Autumn's vacant throne:
She has but one short moon to live,
And she must live alone. -  Richard Henry Stoddard

2 comments: