12 December 2012

121212

Hi Soulmate, The twelfth day of the twelfth month of 2012 is prolly the last repetitive date we'll ever pass by (that is, if I would still be alive on 1January2101 which makes me 116 years old by then and you 117). Most people seemed abuzzed with the date, and apparently I am one of those most people (maybe because I am into patterns: getting about a certain mathematical problem, the minimalism of the lines meeting at a certain distance in the design of the home I dream of putting up, the favicon of this blog which has at least three meaningful patterns that I can make out of, patterns of mistakes I'm careful not to tread again on, and other reasons that I can state on and on).

Hi Soulmate,
The twelfth day of the twelfth month of 2012 is prolly the last repetitive date we'll ever pass by (that is, if I would still be alive on 1January2101 which makes me 116 years old by then and you 117). Most people seemed abuzzed with the date, and apparently I am one of those most people (maybe because I am into patterns: getting about a certain mathematical problem, the minimalism of the lines meeting at a certain distance in the design of the home I dream of putting up, the favicon of this blog which has at least three meaningful patterns that I can make out of, patterns of mistakes I'm careful not to tread again on, and other reasons that I can state on and on).

If given a chance, I would've spent this day with you. Sadly, I'm trying my best to get past through you - I know it's the best for both of us. But still, we could've heard the mass, dine out together with your niece and my nieces and say our good-nights right after just before the day flips again. But all the same, the day was still spent worthwhile with good friends. I had lunch with Em when she dropped by the office to pick up some donation-stuff (I had a vegetarian pasta - which yet again made me remember your negative reaction regarding my diet but still you and Nay make efforts to serve me with 'safe' dishes when I stay at your home). I tried to make arrangements with Em and the rest of cyqerre that we eat out in the evening, but then gladly it didn't materialize since I had made prior commitments with a friend from the office to watch the UP Manila Chorale perform (In Lumine Tuo). And so I spent the evening watching a short (shorter than last year's) carolling (and same as last year, still no Carol of the Bells, but they did sang Kampana ng Simbahan which made my night - #shallowJoys, hahahah). Afterwards, we dine for shorter a time. I had a Chinese noodle soup (the noodle was herb-type but doesn't add up to my fancy and so the dinner ended up as an even quicker dinner after taking out the food I was unable to finish) which I hope you still remember that I am not a fan of (since you served one then when I had flu, and you end up eating what you brought).

After dinner, we headed to our separate ways home. At the 'sakayan pa-bundok' was somehow the best part of 121212. Do you remember that someone from near our place I talked to you about that I often (before, ie years before) get to share a ride with going home? Nakita ko ulit sya after almost a year, so mag-aabang na lang ulit ako next Christmas season. Hahahah!

Anyway, see you again soon dearest!
At Your Disposal,
Your Past
Written before the clock hits the 12th hour of the night.

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't stop smiling after reading this post.

    Your soulmate will surely appreciate this.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering who this soulmate is..haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone whose soul has departed.. Hahahahah!

      Delete
  3. pangalanan na yan para magkaalaman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me smile. It was nicely written.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete